Thursday, November 16, 2006

Neat Tool?

I've been playing with Google Docs and Spreadsheets a bit lately.

In the past, I've used Excel-based character sheets for various games. I'm thinking that I might try to find some good character sheets that I can upload to the spreadsheets bit.

Benefits:
  • Character sheets are always available via the web. When I get an e-mail with an xp award that was calculated from my last weeks game, I can immediately update my sheet - even if I am not at home. If I forget my character sheet at home, I can print out a copy from any net connection.
  • Spreadsheet-based sheets are nice for auto-calculating annoying things.
  • I can share the sheet with my GM - so he can review an up-to-date version at his leisure.
Drawbacks?
  • The sheets might not be super-pretty. I might be able to fix that, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an example to illustrate your point or copy?

szilard said...

Does this work? Not perfect, but a beginning....