Thursday, June 14, 2007

WoAdWriMo: Day Fourteen

I seem to have the same problem with adventure-writing that I have with fiction writing: I get hung up on the beginning.

Introductions have to be good. You know? Compelling. They need to grab you and keep your interest.

Unfortunately, for me, this means that I go over the beginning of things again and again, and never get past that. What is the use of grabbing the reader's interest if you aren't going to do anything with it? Obviously, not much...

I will get this done.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

One approach that sometimes works for me is to write the intro last. Once you have all your material and your style nailed down, it's easier to summarize. Granted, I haven't written any adventures so I don't know if the approach would work. Might be worth a try, though.

szilard said...

Heh. Well. Too late for that.

Not a bad idea for future projects, though.