Monday, June 04, 2007

WoAdWriMo: Day Three

I don't really plan on daily blog updates about WoAdWriMo, but they've happened so far.

I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped today. My pet chinchilla isn't doing well, and I've been stressing out about it. I'm going to take her into the vet tomorrow and cross my fingers, but it doesn't look good.

Anyway, somewhere over 2000 words.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to present a village in the adventure. I will probably resort to numbering the important buildings and describing the contents/inhabitants of each, but that has never sat right with me. It seems too static and too much like a dungeon crawl. If anyone has seen a good way of handling this, let me know.

3 comments:

Infamous Jum said...

A good way to fill in the blanks is to break up the area into sections, like farms over here, poor folk over here, rich folk over here. You can present a pretty good idea of what players are likely to run into without writing out all the minute details ahead of time. Adding in a few NPCs and locations that don't matter to the adventure so much, but that players will likely encounter, is a good touch as well; places like shops, inns, churches, and the like. At least thats how I do it.

Sorry to hear about the chinchilla. My wife and I lost one a few years back to a hamster wheel accident. I hope everything turns out ok.

szilard said...

Thanks for the thought.

Unfortunately, it didn't turn out ok.

Infamous Jum said...

I'm very sorry to hear that.