Thursday, November 20, 2008

Help a child. Get a gaming tool.

A bit over a year ago, I mentioned the XO laptop as a possible gaming tool. Amazon is once again having their Give a Laptop, Get a Laptop offer where you spend $399 and get two XOs - one for yourself and one which is shipped to a child in a developing country.

I didn't get the XO last year because it runs Linux - and, thus, isn't going to work with WotC's Digital Initiative.

Now, I'm not really playing 4e. I'm not currently paying for a DI membership and I don't plan to. Unfortunately, I just spent about $400 dollars on a desktop PC, and I'm a bit concerned about long-term job security at the moment, so I don't know that I'll be able to take advantage of this. It seems really cool, though.

2 comments:

Donny_the_Dm said...

My wife and I were thinking about doing this for our daughter. As a combination christmas and birthday present.

Kudos for throwing it onto the network though!

szilard said...

Yeah. If you have an appropriately-aged child, these things are supposed to be amazing.